What is sexy?
A friend of mine recently told me that when he saw my profile picture on Facebook, it was such a far cry from the Ria he used to know. He went on to say that he remembered how whenever we’d go around on trips and he’d try to shoot me, it was very difficult because I’d always get self-conscious. At that time, there was no way on earth you’d make me do a jump shot or something like this!
You see, much as many do not believe it, I am such a shy and insecure individual, someone who never was comfortable in her own skin and never trusted in her own abilities. For the longest time, I was content being in the background, hiding behind the shadows of what was familiar. Earlier this year, however, I discovered the practice of yoga and it has changed my life immensely, not just on the physical aspect.
This picture for me captures what sexy is…
Being sexy goes beyond the exterior…it’s being able to find that bit of confidence in you that allows you to let go of fear and to believe in yourself, to trust in your own abilities and potentials, and to know that you have the power in you to be the best you possible. It goes beyond fitting into a size 0-2 but comes with being able to love yourself inside and out, no matter what size, shape or condition you may be in.
Okay, you might wonder where this post is coming from..teehee. Let me back track a bit. A few weeks ago I wrote about the Samsung Notebook Series 9, which is touted as the sexiest netbook in the market nowadays. With a sleek and sexy design and specs that is sure to wow you, it is definitely one drool-worthy gadget.
What makes this such a great netbook is that it definitely makes PC sexy as this small yet powerful gadget boasts of PC worthy specs. Just look:
- Ultra Slim Profile at 0.64”
- Lightweight Body at 2.86lbs.
- Stunning display at 400NIT
- Intel Core i5-2537M Processor
- (1.40GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3MB cache memory)
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
- 4GB DDR3 Memory
- 128GB Solid State Drive
- 13.3-inch LED Hi-Definition (400NIT, Non-Gloss) Screen with SuperBrightPlus Technology
- Built-in 1.3 Megapixel Hi-Definition Webcam
- Built-in Bluetooth Version 3.0 Hi-Speed
- Chargeable 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, MicroSD Card Slot
- Surround Sound 3D Sound Effect
- Arch Flow Design, Black Chassis, Made from Duralumin (2x Stronger than Aluminum)
- 3 Years Warranty (1 Year International, 2 Years Local)
During it’s April 28 launch, guests were asked to define sexy. Check out this video and see what they had to say:
The Samsung Notebook Series 9 is said to retail for about Php 79,000 (wowza!) but if you’d like to take a chance and try to win one for yourself, simply click on the app and register on Samsung Notebook Series 9: Sexy Street Style Facebook fanpage and follow these easy-peasy steps:
- Upload a stylish photo in of yourself that defines what sexy for you is.
- Write about your personal definition of sexy.
- Ask your friends to vote for your sexy photo entry.
- Make it your profile picture in Facebook
Sexiest photos get a chance to win either a Samsung Notebook Series 9 or a Rajo Laurel, Rhette Eala, or Randy Ortiz designer wear. Check out my entry in their gallery…I hope you can support me by liking it!!! I so would love to win that super sexy lappy!!!