This past year has been such a blast for me, especially since blogging has become a pivotal figure in my life. I have written about it many times over, but it has to be said again: through blogging, my life has changed immensely. I have discovered so many great things about myself and people around me, and I have learned to engage with a wide range of people, many of whom I probably wouldn’t have gotten to know if not for the blogosphere.
I think I have grown a lot in the past year and since then, I have migrated from Blogger to WordPress, discovered what it means to SEO my posts, and have found the thrill of being on the first page of Google searches, even just for a couple of days
Also, the past year has witnessed the birth and growth of my three most active blogs, as well as a few more dormant ones for now. One of these blogs was actually recognized in last year’s Emerging Influential Blog Search, but it was still in it’s infancy back then. This year, I am honored to find one of my blogs in the list again! I’m really hoping that this time, it makes it all the way to the end
As for me, here are the Top Ten Emerging Influential blogs for me. I chose these to be my entries to Ms. Janette Toral’s Emerging Influential Blogs Writing Project. These are my choices because these are blogs that I feel can affect change and influence it’s readers to make better choices.
1. Fat Girl No More. This is my attempt at battling obesity, one day at a time. I started this blog earlier this year after the sudden death of one of my first graduate studies professors, Dr. Roberto Mendoza. Sir Bob was a staunch supporter of my battles in life and his sudden loss made me acutely aware of how my health choices have affected my ability to perform in everyday life. You see, in the past 5 years, I have regained much of the 80 pounds I had lost in 2002-2004. This online journal chronicles my triumphs, challenges and occasional slip-ups in weight loss.
2. Christian Homeschooler. Penned by Teacher Mama, Jennie Aspacio, this blog deserves to be on my list because it allows me to take a glimpse at the homeschooling world of the Aspacio’s. Additionally, her posts allow me to get ideas for my own teaching profession. Through her site, I have gained a new found respect for homeschooling and the challenges that go along with it.
3. The Accidental Teacher. This is the Accidental Teacher’s second cameo on the Emerging Influential Blog list. As I mentioned earlier, it was nominated by some bloggers last year, despite it having only been 2 months old. As such, I personally felt it was not yet deserving of any recognition. After a year, I think it has made a difference. One of the most memorable posts I had in that site was even mentioned in MLQIII’s post on Typhoon Ondoy last year
4. Surviving Autism. Earth is one phenomenal woman and I admire her honesty and candidness as she shares about her life as a single mom to a little girl with autism. She inspires me to be a better person and to remain hopeful and happy despite challenges that come my way. I’m sure her journey through parenting her girl is not easy and I really admire how she is 100% hands on to her daughter. Add to that, she really makes people aware of what autism is.
5. The Black Fedora Blog. Fedoran, also known as my Cuz, Ryan, is by far one of the most influential bloggers to me, both on and off line. Her latest blog, The Black Fedora, comes out of her love for Michael Jackson, creating a better world, and spreading positivity to the blogosphere. Plus of course, sharing her personal experiences of day to day, including events which I miss going to with her!
6. I am Mamaru. In many ways, I think Mamaru is somewhat like a soul-sister to me. She and I are alike in so many ways, but vastly different in just as many She writes about self-affirmation and through her posts, I am able to see things in a different perspective. I like her dry humor and the witty criticisms in her posts, even though these are mostly directed towards herself. The only thing I wish for Mamaru, besides her happiness of course, is that she post more of her motivational insights on a regular basis.
7. Mommy Lace. I have thoroughly enjoyed being “part” of Lace’s journey through pregnancy and motherhood through her blog, Mommy Lace. Her blog is helpful to soon-to-be moms, and although I may not be her target audience, I enjoy learning about her journey. I’m sure other newbie moms will benefit a lot from reading her posts
8. Mommy Rubz. What I find influential about Mommy Rubz, more than just her posts, is her willingness to share her knowledge about blogging, website development, and making money online. Mommy Rubz is just one of her many, many sites, and it is one of my favorite ones because she writes a lot about her blogging, her daily struggles in her marriage, plus the joys of parenthood.
9. Gadgets and Tech. Being a gadget addict with an impulsive shopping habit, Jeff Aspacio’s Gadgets and Tech has allowed me to be more cautious about purchasing new toys immediately! He gives reviews of the latest products and if not for his post comparing the Nokia E63 and the C3, I would have probably splurged on the latter despite having Cerise, my E63, without me knowing it’s specs does not meet my needs.
10. Nomnom Club. Nomnom Club is the one food blog that makes my list I love joining Nomnom’s contests and I’ve been quite lucky with them! I also enjoy reading posts about the latest nomnom worthy places to eat and products to try. What I like about this blog is that it doesn’t present everything as yummy, but really a more honest and real take on the food in the metro.
There are many, many more blogs of worth in the blogosphere, but these top my list and these are the one’s I tend to return to. I hope you find them interesting reads as well If you have your own favorite blogs, do consider joining the writing project. You may even want to include my blog (or my nominees for that matter!) in your list!
This writing project will not be possible without the support of sponsors such as Events and Corporate Video, Budget hotel in Makati, Pinoy Party Food, Copyediting Services, PR Agency Philippines, Budget Travel Philippines, Send Gifts to the Philippines, Black Friday Deals, Roomrent – units for rent, Search Profile Index, and Corporate Events Organizer.